Forumi Horizont Gjithsej 15 faqe: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » ... E fundit »
Trego 141 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Forumi Horizont (http://www.forumihorizont.com/index.php3)
- Mjekėsia (http://www.forumihorizont.com/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=266)
-- medical sciences (shkencat mjeksore) (http://www.forumihorizont.com/showthread.php3?threadid=8624)

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 16 Qershor 2005 - 00:29:

medical sciences

ketu mund te shkruani cdo lloj lajmi mjeksie ose kuriozitet ne lidhje me te qe mund te jete ne anglisht (duke qene se ajo eshte gjuha internacionale) dhe mund ta keni lexuar ne ndonje vend ose ne ndonje liber etj...kjo behet per disa persona qe kane probleme ne kuptimin e gjuhes shqipe sic jane darke...shpresoj mos te kete kritika per kete gje

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 20 Qershor 2005 - 11:28:

adenosine and the sleep

Cod. A20062005

darke read this :
When cells in a certain part of the brain become overworked, a compound in the brain kicks in, telling them to shut down. This causes people to become drowsy and fall asleep. Alter that natural process by adding coffee or tea, and the brain compound - called adenosine - is blocked, and people stay awake.

Prolonged increased neural activity in the brain's arousal centers triggers the release of adenosine, which in turn slows down neural activity in the arousal center areas. Because the arousal centers control activity throughout the entire brain, the process expands outward and causes neural activity to slow down everywhere in the brain

"We knew that coffee kept us awake," Dr. Greene( professor of psychiatry and senior author of the study in the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center)said. "Now we know why: Coffee and tea are blocking the link between the prolonged neural activity of waking and increased levels of adenosine in cells, which is why they prevent us from getting drowsy."

Past studies by Dr. Greene and his colleagues have shown that adenosine may act as a "fatigue factor." When adenosine levels increase in the arousal centers -- as happens with prolonged waking -- mammals tend to fall asleep. But what hasn't been known before is what triggers the release of adenosine to induce sleep.

these findings may be usefull in the future treatment of insomnia and other sleep disorders...

this was a briefing of a longer article published in internet...if anyone is interested for the full article here's the link:

http://www8.utsouthwestern.edu/utsw...les/218303.html

Postuar nga darke datė 20 Qershor 2005 - 12:43:

Re: adenosine and the sleep

Oh, this is very interesting. You talk about a self conciensce of our brain-body. It works by itself in spite of we do or don’t want it. But in the case of imsonmia, why the brain decide not to sleep? Is a misfunction? All around the human brain is amazing…! The most amazing is (well, I’m not sure, I just have heard about it) is that our body segregates those sustances that you were talking and also our brain has the receptors for those substances! So it’s like if we were waiting or ready for those substances. This is the genetic conciousness I mentioned before.
I saw on TV some time ago a scientific talking about the danger of LSD, it is a kind of drug? but this man said that it could be that after a year that you try this substance you can have alucinations, like squizofrenical alucinations or even you could become squizofrenic. But in another hand, he said that this substance is used for treating sicknesses as despression. Our body can segregates this substance in a natural way?
There is a biggggggg mistery in our brain. How could you distinguish an alucination or a real vision? An alucination is because our brain wants to see it?

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 20 Qershor 2005 - 17:56:

Cod. B20062005

Hallucination is a situation where the brain elaborates in a wrong way the "input" informations.So the output is a wrong vision of what we see. It is not a simple situation because other brain system affect this symptom. Normally it is produced in some particular types of situations: u mentioned schizophrenic hallucination. Vascular problems in brain may give the same effect(hypotension or variations in ions concentrations in blood. Even variations in hormonal concentration may give this effect) i don't know the way they are produced but I'll try to find it out!!!
Normally in the brain there exist some types of maps that help to understand the world around us in 3D or even 4D(considering the time: the circadian cycle,the day-night altering). This is the reason why we can still find the way in a place even when we close the eyes.or we can recognise an object just by touching it.These maps can change through the life according to the experience,usage etc...
i'll try to find out more information and write it here...

p.s sorry for my english but i haven't been practising it for 4 years.i have forgotten a lot of terms

Postuar nga darke datė 21 Qershor 2005 - 12:26:

Citim:
Po citoj ato qė tha NS-6
normally in the brain there exist some types of maps that help to understand the world around us in 3D or even 4D(considering the time: the circadian cycle,the day-night altering).this is the reason why we can still find the way in a place even when we close the eyes.or we can recognise an object just by touching it...these maps can change through the life according to the experience,usage etc...
i'll try to find out more information and write it here...

You touch my weak fibres here. This theme, mental maps for orientation in a city, is what made me to start with my thesis:p I was yesterday very impressed that you mentioned it. I have thousand questions about this matter and maybe you can help me or give me some traces to follow up. Some years ago, an important magazine of Architecture in Spain (“Quaderns” – concretely nŗ 219) aproached a very interesting experience. It consisted on to take some architects with their eyes covered (they were blind) in the city of Barcelona and they had to guess the place where they were. This is very interesting if you stop to analyze what are our mechanism to orientate in a place. Our eyes are one of the main tool for it but not the only one. Do you imagine the experience? to be blind for some time. But let me tell you what these architects said:

"The bus made countless turns, and I lost all idea of where I was. Other members of the excursion would say, later, that the first thing they'd noticed was that they were hearing things much more clearly. I have to say that exactly the opposite happened to me. I had the most uncomfortable feeling that, apart from being blind, I was also becoming deaf, not because I wasn’t hearing things but beause I wasn’t distinguishing what it was I was hearing. In my case, at least, sound was completely subject to the image of what was producing it. In not being able to see my surroundings, voices and noises were jumbled into one woolly, irreconcilable whole”.

So we can say that relationships between senses are altered and their intensity changes!?? Sounds, changes of temperature, smells, and even flavors, could serve to “register” at times of disorientation!??.

One of the men said too:
“You note that the semalls either have weight or are light or are dense, that sounds thell you the size of a space- the distance there is between you and the transmitting source –.”

There is a part of the article that it’s specially poetic. It’s when one of the “blind men” describe his experience with the sun: “My blindness made me enjoy the sun on my face with reat intensity, almost as if it were a caress. It was like they were passing a recently-ironed piece of silk over my features.” Or for example the a curious reasoning about the egocentrism of movement in blindness. For him, in walking withour seeing one has the sensation of being innobile and that the world is being gently displaced behind one due to the thrust of the feet. Going up the staris means pushing the world downwards, going doewn them enalbes the floor to recoup its location on the surface.
I consider this a wise observation. It’s veryyyyyy important the mental place that we ourselves invent! inside our mind. But the act of seeing is so… beguiling , that it burns our understanding!. Our perception is our best wonder, “ours”, personal, and the one which we are the least conscious.

After this observation, don’t you wonder what is the objetive feature of a place? All of us orientate in the same way? If not… what would we do the same (objetivity)? What would we do different (subjetivity)? Where is the limit between this objetivity and subjetivity?

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 21 Qershor 2005 - 15:02:

well,in this case everything has a limit so even the orientation has a limit itself.normally every input is stored in the brain,it is elaborated and only the most useful information is saved while the others are lost.the input comes from our senses.the eyes are probably the most important but not the only.for example when u smell a flower and see its form u store information in ur brain.the next time u may not need to see it...just by smelling ur brain forms the image of the flower u saw for the first time.the same thing happens as u see a person for the first time,hear his voice or his name.the next time u don't need to see him.a simple call from that person reminds u of his face(there exist a special zone in the brain only for the recognition of the faces),or just by seeing him u remember his name.probably even closing the eyes and touchin his face u can form the image of his face and later recognise it...so every input has its own characteristics and variations in these characteristics may bring to wrong conclusions...you may get used to take a road from one side(lets say from north)and u may not recognise it when u get it from south...becouse there may not be the same details that u keep in mind to recognise that road.

for the maps as i told u help us orientate in the world around.even the equilibrium is a result of the elaborations of the input informations we get...there have been done experiments by inducing several damages to the subject in the experiment and in some cases he was not able anymore to understand where he was.also there are some deseases like alzheimer where the main damage is in some nucleus in the center of the brain(i don't remeber their name in english,in italian it is gangli della base)which are responsable for the elaboration of the information and the subjects affected are not albe to descibe what they see or even remember simple things...
there maps are also important to have an idea of every our movement.every damage on the body surface is quickly recognised,everything we put on our hand is quickly weighted,its characteristics are seen(composition,surface,temperature ecc)and there exists special zones in the brain(maps)that collect the information.
it is wondering the fact that people who have lost an arm or a leg,still feel the presence of that leg and it even aches...this is becouse the zone resposable for that arm is undergoing to a trasforming process as it is not usefull anymore...ecc ecc...i don't know how much usefull these informations where darke...however i tried to give an answer

this topic is very large and very amazing and there is a complete book written by eric candel called "principles of neuroscience" which explains every aspect of this topic...

Postuar nga darke datė 28 Qershor 2005 - 10:07:

Question

homosexuality is a psichological disorder?

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 28 Qershor 2005 - 14:56:

according to me it is a psychological disorder

fisrt of all there exist no gene determining that a person ia goin to be a gay or not...so u can exclude the idea that there might be a genetical disorder in this case.(information based on a reply given on the magazine "QUARK")

now according to Charles Socarides, a clinical professor of psychiatry at Albert Einstein College of Medicine "Homosexuality is a psychological and psychiatric disorder. It is a purple menace that is threatening the proper design of gender distinctions in society"(this one was posted in the washington post)
Socarides believes that gayness is caused by a person's mental health. Mental health is influenced by many factors such as our nurturing as children, the environment we are exposed to, and the influence of the many different people in our lives.

but... the psychiatrist Judd Marmor believes that nurture and psychology are not probable causes of homosexuality. In 1952 the American Psychiatric Association produced a manual for categorizing mental illness, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM). In this book homosexuality was classified as a sociopathic personality disorder. Judd Marmor helped to remove homosexuality from the DSM and in 1973 his efforts were realized. Marmor has been quoted as saying, "Overprotective mothers and withdrawing fathers create neurotic kids, not homosexuals" (Small 1993). This would imply that nurture and environment has nothing to do with creating homosexuals, only personalities.
(information gathered from internet)

according to me(,i'm just a student...look at the contrast here) it is a psychological disorder becouse homosexuality is not a normal situation in a male.there are the people around,the ambient around that can influence the person's ideas and change even his way to see the other sex...you cannot exclude growth problems like endocrinological problems,however they are not enough to make a person act like that. also there are rich and famous people who have proved everything and there remains just the idea to become gay...so i don't think this is normal...

Postuar nga darke datė 02 Korrik 2005 - 11:59:

Question evolution or disease?

how scientists distinguish between an illness or disease and an evolution in a feature of the human race? For example, let's say people is worried because their hair tends to fall down, and they have less and less hair in the heads. What if this fact would be an evolution because everytime it's more hot weather and we don't need the hair?:p Do you imagine if homosexual people would be a sted forward in the chain of the human specie? (Perfect human being: with the strong body of the men and the sensibility of the women! do you imagine that gays become hermaphrodits?

Postuar nga NS-6 datė 03 Korrik 2005 - 01:09:

homosexual people one step before?
ok ok let me try a say something about this:
first of all u got to consider the fact that evolution theory is just a theory and i haven't heard any scientific fact proving this theory.according to that theory the organisms started as one cell and developed in more and more complex organisms gaining a lot of functions and getting more and more complex and advanced in every aspect of their life...up to this point it seems ok but the question is how?i mean we hear every day the TV or the megazines sayin "new bones found .they named it homunus....and a word after and they begin to draw pictures and build every aspect of their life from hunting,eating ecc just with that bone...for me it is a bit strange.

the evolution theory started with darwin who first said this theory but darwin had no ida of what a cell is compesed of or that a new science called genetic was goin to destroy its theory...the genetic proves that the evolution theory is impossible...the evolutionists tried to hide themselves behind a mechanism called mutation and said that the organisms evolved with this mechanism...but the strange thind is that the mutations are harmfull and those who are not are silent(nothing happens)...so they do not produce any change inside the organism...they do not evolve the organism in new species...when we take for example the viruses,the one composed of RNA(ribonucleid acid)that has a high possibility to have mutations becouse of an enzime called RNA polimerase that makes mistakes in performing the replication of the genetic material...these viruses get the mutation but they do not trasform in another specie...they don't get arms or become 2 cells or more complex like starting to use oxygen that normally is toxic for most of tiny organisms...so as u see there is no prove for the evolution theory started and evolved from the simple organisms like viruses or bacteria also...
now let's turn back to the human question....is there any evolution in humans?(continues)

Gjithsej 15 faqe: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » ... E fundit »
Trego 141 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Materialet qė gjenden tek Forumi Horizont janė kontribut i vizitorėve. Jeni tė lutur tė mos i kopjoni por ti bėni link adresėn ku ndodhen.