Forumi Horizont Gjithsej 141 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » ... E fundit »
Trego 141 mesazhet në një faqe të vetme

Forumi Horizont (http://www.forumihorizont.com/index.php3)
- Mjekësia (http://www.forumihorizont.com/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=266)
-- medical sciences (shkencat mjeksore) (http://www.forumihorizont.com/showthread.php3?threadid=8624)

Postuar nga darke datë 21 Qershor 2005 - 12:26:

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha NS-6
normally in the brain there exist some types of maps that help to understand the world around us in 3D or even 4D(considering the time: the circadian cycle,the day-night altering).this is the reason why we can still find the way in a place even when we close the eyes.or we can recognise an object just by touching it...these maps can change through the life according to the experience,usage etc...
i'll try to find out more information and write it here...

You touch my weak fibres here. This theme, mental maps for orientation in a city, is what made me to start with my thesis:p I was yesterday very impressed that you mentioned it. I have thousand questions about this matter and maybe you can help me or give me some traces to follow up. Some years ago, an important magazine of Architecture in Spain (“Quaderns” – concretely nº 219) aproached a very interesting experience. It consisted on to take some architects with their eyes covered (they were blind) in the city of Barcelona and they had to guess the place where they were. This is very interesting if you stop to analyze what are our mechanism to orientate in a place. Our eyes are one of the main tool for it but not the only one. Do you imagine the experience? to be blind for some time. But let me tell you what these architects said:

"The bus made countless turns, and I lost all idea of where I was. Other members of the excursion would say, later, that the first thing they'd noticed was that they were hearing things much more clearly. I have to say that exactly the opposite happened to me. I had the most uncomfortable feeling that, apart from being blind, I was also becoming deaf, not because I wasn’t hearing things but beause I wasn’t distinguishing what it was I was hearing. In my case, at least, sound was completely subject to the image of what was producing it. In not being able to see my surroundings, voices and noises were jumbled into one woolly, irreconcilable whole”.

So we can say that relationships between senses are altered and their intensity changes!?? Sounds, changes of temperature, smells, and even flavors, could serve to “register” at times of disorientation!??.

One of the men said too:
“You note that the semalls either have weight or are light or are dense, that sounds thell you the size of a space- the distance there is between you and the transmitting source –.”

There is a part of the article that it’s specially poetic. It’s when one of the “blind men” describe his experience with the sun: “My blindness made me enjoy the sun on my face with reat intensity, almost as if it were a caress. It was like they were passing a recently-ironed piece of silk over my features.” Or for example the a curious reasoning about the egocentrism of movement in blindness. For him, in walking withour seeing one has the sensation of being innobile and that the world is being gently displaced behind one due to the thrust of the feet. Going up the staris means pushing the world downwards, going doewn them enalbes the floor to recoup its location on the surface.
I consider this a wise observation. It’s veryyyyyy important the mental place that we ourselves invent! inside our mind. But the act of seeing is so… beguiling , that it burns our understanding!. Our perception is our best wonder, “ours”, personal, and the one which we are the least conscious.

After this observation, don’t you wonder what is the objetive feature of a place? All of us orientate in the same way? If not… what would we do the same (objetivity)? What would we do different (subjetivity)? Where is the limit between this objetivity and subjetivity?

Gjithsej 141 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » ... E fundit »
Trego 141 mesazhet në një faqe të vetme

Materialet që gjenden tek Forumi Horizont janë kontribut i vizitorëve. Jeni të lutur të mos i kopjoni por ti bëni link adresën ku ndodhen.