Forumi Horizont Gjithsej 17 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » ... E fundit »
Trego 17 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Forumi Horizont (http://www.forumihorizont.com/index.php3)
- Figura tė shquara (http://www.forumihorizont.com/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=117)
-- Te huajt per Shqiperine..Ndihme.. (http://www.forumihorizont.com/showthread.php3?threadid=12713)

Postuar nga Balerina datė 04 Janar 2007 - 18:02:

"The Albanians, these tigers of mountain wars ... have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on the legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapons for battle. Instead of the horse, he has a lance which strikes as lightning, he has spears who`s points are full of posion as the sting of hornets, he has also a wooden bow with some arrows. Furthermore, he is stronger than iron ... "

- Ibn Kemal, Historian of the Turkish court during Skanderbeg`s war against the Turks.

"The Albanians have been born to resist and disobey."

- Dursam Bey, during the second siege of Kruja

They are strewn with the wreckage of dead Empires–past Powers–only the Albanian "goes on for ever."

- Edith Durham

"They are Nietzsche`s over-men, these primitive Albanians — something between kings and tigers."

- Henry Noel Brailsford

"If you want a hundred Italians to be quiet, shoot one.
If you want a hundred Albanians to be quiet, shoot 99."

Old Albanian Proverb

"Albanians behind every rock and piff, paff, a bullet in your living heart"

- Edith Durham

"The true history of mankind will be written only when Albanians participate in it`s writing."

-Maximilian Lambertz

"The story of the Albanians deserves a study in itself. Attracted by the `sword, the gold trappings, and the honours, they left their mountains chiefly in order to become soldiers. In the sixteenth century they were to be found in Cyprus, in Venice, in Mantua, in Rome, in Naples, and Sicily, and as far abroad as Madrid, where they went to present their projects and their grievances, to ask for barrels of gunpowder or years of pension, arrogant, imperious, always ready for a fight."

- Nicholas Pappas

"...isn`t the Albanian, who, being a slave, did not allow enslavement, freedom-loving? This is a question that could hardly be understood by anyone who has not lived in Albania. The most liberty-loving people in the Balkans is the Albanian people. The Albanian, taken alone, as an individual, is an anarchist by nature. He would brook no bondage let alone on his people, he would not let anything, seen as possibly humiliating, befall his house. The Albanian house stands alone and apart from the rest..."

- Description from a brilliant Bulgarian observer and connoisseur of Albania. (1924)

Albanians are considered untouchable on the slave market because of their strong feelings for honour and the need for revenge.

- Pasha Sulejman the Lightened

They may be only soldiers, but never let them get close to your plate, and don`t make them kneel before you, if you don`t intend to capitate them.

- Pasha Sulejman the Lightened

For Albania was not fashioned,
Made by God for the Circassians,
Nor for darkskinned Turks and Moors,
But for mountain hawks, those heroes
Whom the world calls the Albanians,
That they keep it for their children
For as long as life continues.

- Gjergj Fishta 1908

"Malesia e Madhe me besen e Zotit po luftojn Malesort si ushtart e Gjergj Kastriotit."

- Popullore

I assure you they are Bismarcks — veritable Bismarcks. Some day they will demand, and Europe will have to give them what they ask !

- A Christian Ottoman official speaking to Edith Durham about Albanians

Ah kadale Nikolle, t`vrafte Zoti! Ketu i thone Oso baroti: se s`ké pį Shqķptįr me sy, se djeg vehten edhe ty!

- Gjergj Fishta

Kushdo qė ėshtė sot burrė
Dhe shqipėtar i vėrtetė,
Emėri s`i shuhet kurrė
Dhe nderi i rron pėrjetė.

- Naim Frashėri

"S`jemi grekėr as bullgarė,
Asgjė tjetėr nukė jemi,
Jemi vetėm shqipėtarė,
Nė kėt`emėr nderr`e kemi."

- Naim Frashėri

"Sa burra kordhėtarė
Ka nxjerrė Shqipėria
Mė pastaj e mė parė,
Q`i shkruan istoria!"

- Naim Frashėri

"Gli Skipetarė sono un popolo che conserva intatte le tradizioni dei loro antenati, un popolo orgoglioso ed assettato di libertŕ"

- Pietro Tassini, ambasciatore della Repubblica di Venezia, nel 1455.

..... Anon from the castle walls

The crescent banner falls,

And the crowd beholds instead,

Like a portent in the sky,

Iskander`s banner fly,

The Black Eagle with double head.

And shouts ascend on high

.....`` Long live Scanderbeg.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Scanderbeg exceeds all the officers, ancient and modern, in the conduct of a defensive army. I met him in Turkish history but nowhere else.``

- Major General James Wolfe, commander of the English army at the siege of Quebec, Canada, writting to Lord Sydney

(Marre nga forumi medialb, postimi origjinal bere nga Vodka Karamel)

Gjithsej 17 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 » ... E fundit »
Trego 17 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Materialet qė gjenden tek Forumi Horizont janė kontribut i vizitorėve. Jeni tė lutur tė mos i kopjoni por ti bėni link adresėn ku ndodhen.