Forumi Horizont Gjithsej 17 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » ... E fundit »
Trego 17 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Forumi Horizont (http://www.forumihorizont.com/index.php3)
- Figura tė shquara (http://www.forumihorizont.com/forumdisplay.php3?forumid=117)
-- Te huajt per Shqiperine..Ndihme.. (http://www.forumihorizont.com/showthread.php3?threadid=12713)

Postuar nga Balerina datė 04 Janar 2007 - 18:04:

"In the list of heroes, John Hunyadi and Scanderbeg are commonly associated and entitled to our notice since their occupation of arms delayed the ruin of the Greek (Byzantine) Empire. ..... The Albanian prince may justly be praised as a firm and able champion of his national independence. The enthusiasm of chivalry and religion has ranked him with the names of Alexander the Great and Pyrrhus. .....``

- Historian Edmond Gibbon in his Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

"To one whom later age has brought to light,

Matchable to the greatest of the great:

Great both in name and great in power and might,

And meriting a mere triumphant feat.

The scourge of Turks, and plague of infidels,

Thy acts, O` Scanderbeg, this volume tells."

- Elizabethan poet Edmund Spenser, in his preface to an English translation of Barletius.

"Land of Albania, where Iskander rose,

Theme of the young, and beacon of the wise,

And he, his namesake, whose oft-baffled foes

Shrunk from his deeds of chivalrous emprize.

Land of Albania, let me bend my eyes

On thee, though rugged nurse of savage men!

Where is the foe that ever saw their back? ....."

- Lord Byron in "Child Harold`s Pilgrimage"

"The Gueghes are thickset and muscular, the Toskes slender and agile, both strong, vigorous, and perhaps the finest race in Europe."

"The characteristics common to both people are love of independence, love of war, a revengual spirit, mering into ferocity."

"They are wild, plundering, indefatigable soldiers, selling their services and their blood to those who pay them highest; but lively, gay, adventurous, sober, generous and heroic so soon as it concerns the defence of their country, their tribe, or their family."

"They are an iron race, as hard as the rocks they inhabit."

- Lord Byron talking about Albanians

"Ma mir en tok, me qaj me mall
se me shkja, me tej per gjall..."

- Hamza Jashari

"The men who marched to Babylon , Persia and India were the ancestors of the Albanians..."

- Wadham Peacock

"Until this moment I had you in the place of a father: But since you have separated me from you, yielding me to Montenegro, I have ceased to be yours any longer...Therefore now that you have abandoned me and you don`t have me with you any more, I will see myself as between two enemies who want to fight against me at any cost"

- Ali Pasha Gucija to the Sultan after the handover of Ulcin.
Misha Glenny, The Balkans.

"Be Baptized or Be Butchered"
"How Can I Fight The Enemy On The Outside If I Have The Enemy On the Inside"

- Gjergj Kastrioti

"Ma kan vjedhur shekujt 3000 vjet lirine, qe te luftoj per Shqiperine, pritem toke e Arberit, pritem se po vij, pa Kosove jo nuk ka Shqiperi."

- Ilir Shaqiri

"When spring comes, we will manure the plains of Kosova with the bones of Serbs, for we, Albanians, have suffered too much to forget."

- Isa Boletini, leaving the Ambassadors Conference in London, 1913

"Where the sword is, there is the true faith."

- Albanian Proverb

"...Trualli mbi te cilin ne jetojme eshte nje nga sheshet e para ne bote mbi te cilin kemba njerezore ka shkelur me ritmin e nje valleje...
Ketu te paret tane u bene autore dhe bashkeautore ne disa nga thesaret me te cmuara artistike qe jane krijuar ne kete planete..."

- Ismail Kadare

"Murdered and like many hogs they had their throats slit by the Albanians."

- End Result of an Ottoman Campaign in Scanderbeg`s Albania

"Mbaju Neno mos ki frike - se ke Djemt ne Amerike"

- Fan S. Noli

"Mos shikoni kisha e xhamia, se feja e shqiptarit eshte Shqiptaria!"

- Pashko Vasa

"Irregular and undisciplined as soldiers, but possessing a perfect familiarity with the use of arms; ferocious and ignorant and uncivilised, but cherishing an enthusiastic partiality for their native mountains, and adding to the advantages of a country, which opposes the strongest natural obstacles to an invader, that determination to resist all foreign intruders, and that confidence in their ability to defend themselves, which had, until that period of the war, been found very deficient in some more civilised nations of Europe."

- William Martin Leake describing the Albanians (1814)

"The Arnaouts, or Albanese, struck me forcibly by their resemblance to the Highlanders of Scotland, in dress, figure and manner of language."

- Lord Byron

(Marre nga forumi Medialb, postimi origjinal bere nga Vodka Karamel)

Gjithsej 17 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » ... E fundit »
Trego 17 mesazhet nė njė faqe tė vetme

Materialet qė gjenden tek Forumi Horizont janė kontribut i vizitorėve. Jeni tė lutur tė mos i kopjoni por ti bėni link adresėn ku ndodhen.