Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Shkenca > Mjekėsia > medical sciences (shkencat mjeksore)
Gjithsej 15 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
darke
Syri i Natės

Regjistruar: 24/08/2003
Vendbanimi: night
Mesazhe: 2545

Thumbs up

Re: Re: Re: prolactina and its hyperproduction

NS-6: Uhhh thank you for your answers. Hmmm but I don't know what you ask me. I will give you any new info that i get

amor alucius: Hey... of course I bear constructive critics; actually they are the ones that I only accept. I thank you very much your message, even I have to say that I’ve enjoyed reading you.
I know perfectly that what I did sounds and is kinda impulsive, but in that moment is what I resolved to do, because my patience has a very near limit when unpoliteness is on the table. And I’m sorry for this, but I am like this, bad or good teacher I don’t allow that someone don’t respect me.
About the didactical method, nothing else to say about the “building knowledge”, because that is the right way to teach. But you can’t teach anything if the students are not dispossed to listen to you, to see what you have to bring them. And this yes is a problem. Please, could you ask to your prof.home about technics to improve motivation in the alumns?:p. I would be very grateful to know about this; I yes am very interested on this matter. And this is what I most missed in my experience as a teacher when I arrived to that school.
So this is the main point where I concentrated my energy: motivation. And first of all “respect” to the people, and above all when someone is talking to you. Then to stimulate them, to make them to have curiosity about my subject.
Well, I don’t know if they learned too much about Technical Drawing, but I tell you that they improved their creativity and their way to behave with people as “people”, at least with me
I’m sure that “education” is a word that means something further than knowledge, and in the real world you have to teach to the students more than your subject, you have to teach them to be persons.

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 22 Mars 2006 20:04
darke nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė darke Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me darke (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: darke Shto darke nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto darke nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
NS-6
Mnemonic

Regjistruar: 16/01/2005
Vendbanimi: Raccon City
Mesazhe: 3634

its nice to see a teacher getting instructed ...darke,ur gonna give me some free lessons about art, o.k?:p...or better,some lessons in spanish.do u remember,i was goin well with my spanish

amor,shkrimet nuk do levizet osefshihet sepse fundja kjo teme ka qene hap posacerisht per darken dhe normalisht pervec mjeksise mund te kete edhe muhabet te lire...qe te mos behen gjerat monotone

Mesazh i vjetėr 22 Mars 2006 21:55
NS-6 nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė NS-6 Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me NS-6 (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė NS-6't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: NS-6 Shto NS-6 nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto NS-6 nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
NS-6
Mnemonic

The birth of words: Ten-month-olds learn words through perceptual salience

Cod. A23032006

Medical Studies/Trials
Published: Wednesday, 22-Mar-2006

Infants are listening and learning their first words as young as 10 months, but they are only learning the words for objects that are of interest to them, not for objects of interest to the speaker, according to researchers at Temple University, University of Delaware and University of Evansville.
Their findings are reported in a new study, "The birth of words: Ten-month-olds learn words through perceptual salience," being published in the March/April issue of the journal Child Development (Vol. 77, Issue 2).

In their study, the researchers showed infants two separate objects--one "interesting" and one "boring" in order to teach infants new words. The researchers examined whether 10-month-olds are guided by how much they like an object (i.e., perceptual cues) as well as which object the speaker with them is naming (i.e., social cues) to learn a new word.

At 10 months, before they say much of anything, the researchers discovered that the infants were truly capable of learning two new words in a single session. Using a measure of word comprehension (rather than expecting babies to say the word), they found that infants paired a new word to the object they liked best, regardless of which object the speaker named.

"We found that you could look at one of the objects, pick that object up and even move it, but the baby naturally assumes that the word you're speaking goes with the object that they think is interesting, not the object that you show an interest in," says Kathy Hirsh-Pasek, the Lefkowitz Professor of Psychology and director of the Temple University Infant Lab, and one of the study's co-investigators.

"Ten-month-olds simply 'glue' a label onto the most interesting object they see," adds Shannon Pruden, a doctoral student in psychology at Temple and the study's lead author. "Perhaps this is why children learn words faster when parents look at and name the objects that infants already find interesting."

According to the researchers, these results have huge implications for parents and caregivers. They suggest that babies are listening into our conversations and trying to learn words well before they can say them. The findings also suggest that when we speak to our infants, we should talk about things that they like, not what we like.

As parents and caregivers, we must be sensitive and responsive to infants' interests as they don't have the flexibility to adopt our interests, says Hirsh-Pasek.

"Little babies are learning words fast, even at 10 months when they aren't saying much at all and that's huge," says co-investigator Roberta Michnick Golinkoff, the H. Rodney Sharp Professor of Education at Delaware. "So, parents should talk to their babies from early on because that's the only way that infants can learn language. They should also talk about what the baby is interested in."

The researchers added that around 18 months of age, a child's focus changes and they begin to learn words differently, using the speaker's interest as a guide.

"The 18-month-old is a social sophisticate who can tap into the speaker's mind and the vast mental dictionary that the adult has to offer," says Hirsh-Pasek. "At 10 months they just cannot take the speaker's perspective into consideration."

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:51

Mesazh i vjetėr 23 Mars 2006 00:00
NS-6 nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė NS-6 Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me NS-6 (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė NS-6't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: NS-6 Shto NS-6 nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto NS-6 nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
amor alucius
Ennology

Regjistruar: 11/04/2003
Vendbanimi: city of the sin
Mesazhe: 7605

Darke!

I wanna tell u a story that happened sometimes ago:
I was asisting to the lessons of my"home-prof",with my bf,and in a aula of 600 students came in a boy with a Stella Artois in his hand.He sat down,opened his beer and began drinking,laughing and talking to his neighbours.The proff.saw that,afterwards he told me he couldn't believe his eyes,he went to the guy with a nice smile on his face and said calmly:"the catheder is empty,go and finish your beer there".The boy blushed,the proff said again"I'm not joking,go there and finish it meanwhile we enjoy the view".He HAD to go there while 1200 eyes were staring at him,the two assistents couldn't contain them self from laughing,once he was there he couldn't drink his beer from the embarrassment.Only after the proff had finished his lesson he could go From then on he was known as"the guy with the Stella"

I told the story to make clear that sometimes you need to pick out the main troublemaker,to punish him in a"funny"way in order to regain the peace in the group.Ofcourse,after you've practised a didactical correct method in ur lesson(changing of working method every 10 min.,enough images,enough interaction with your pupils...)

P.s.How can I learn drawing ?

Mesazh i vjetėr 23 Mars 2006 18:37
amor alucius nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė amor alucius Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me amor alucius (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: amor alucius Shto amor alucius nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto amor alucius nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
darke
Syri i Natės

Regjistruar: 24/08/2003
Vendbanimi: night
Mesazhe: 2545

Thumbs up

Re: Darke!

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha amor alucius

P.s.How can I learn drawing ?

just drawing, drawing and drawing

Mesazh i vjetėr 26 Mars 2006 12:41
darke nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė darke Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me darke (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: darke Shto darke nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto darke nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
NS-6
Mnemonic

Malaria, mosquitoes and man - breaking a deadly cycle (1)

Cod. B01042006

Disease/Infection News
Published: Friday, 31-Mar-2006

Malaria kills a child every thirty seconds in Sub-Saharan Africa, according to recent estimates. It is a huge problem currently threatening over 40% of the world's population and still on the increase. The infection causes more than 300 million acute illnesses and at least a million deaths annually, and is recognised as a major factor impeding the development of some of the poorest nations.
Past strategies to kill off mosquitoes with insecticides failed as they developed resistance, just as malaria itself has developed resistance to some of the drugs used to control the disease.

Researchers at the Institute for Science and Technology in Medicine at Keele University, in the West Midlands region of the UK, are focusing their efforts on trying to break the transmission cycle through which the disease is passed on, by studying the complex relationship between the parasite and the mosquito itself.

Paul Eggleston, Professor of Molecular Entomology, School of Life Sciences, Keele University, said: "We have growing problems with insecticide resistance - we now have mosquitoes which are resistant to every class of insecticidal compound that we can throw at them, the parasites themselves are becoming resistant to all of the drugs we can use to try and tackle the disease. So we're starting to think about this complex set of interactions that take place between the mosquito and the parasite and whether there are ways within that set of interactions that we can tackle the transmission cycle itself."

Hilary Hurd, Professor of Parasitology, School of Life Sciences, Keele University, said: "I think one of the surprising things is that it takes so long for the malaria parasite to develop in the mosquito. It takes around 15 days and the mosquito in the wild often only lives that long. So it's very much a tight rope that the parasite's walking, it must keep it's mosquito alive long enough for it to survive to transmit it once it's infective, back into the next person. So that time period is the key aspect of the life cycle."

One discovery of particular interest is that many of the parasites contained in the blood cells a mosquito absorbs during a blood meal, are killed off within the mosquito's gut within the first twenty-four hours.

At Keele they think one method by which this is done is a means known as "programmed cell death", so they are investigating how this is triggered, and whether that action could be enhanced.

Another area of weakness they have discovered in this complex parasitic relationship is that the infected female mosquito produces fewer eggs. The likelihood is that this is a resource management strategy so the mosquito lives longer allowing the parasite to mature to an infective stage. If the mosquito was made to lay more eggs, it would die too early for the parasite to mature, again breaking the transmission cycle.

Professor Hilary Hurd: "If we can understand more about the biology and particularly the molecules involved and that are critical to maintaining the cycle then we can try to interfere with those molecules perhaps by manipulating the mosquito genetically so that a key molecule is produced in more abundance or is not produced at all and upset this delicate balance between infection and survival."
continues....

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:52

Mesazh i vjetėr 31 Mars 2006 22:23
NS-6
Mnemonic

Malaria, mosquitoes and man - breaking a deadly cycle (2)

Cod. C01042006

While some researchers in Keele University's Centre for Applied Entomology and Parasitology, are studying the biology of the mosquito, others are working on this genetic engineering approach, to see if they can inhibit the mosquito from passing on the parasite.

By injecting mosquito embryos with different genes with fluorescent markers that show up under ultraviolet light, they can track the genetically modified mosquitoes as they grow, and also see where the genes go. While they can introduce new genes, its not a precise process, and they can't yet predict where they might end up in a chromosome, or whether they could damage existing genes.

Professor Paul Eggleston said: "The main limitation is simply one of efficiency. This is a very inefficient and technically demanding procedure, so at Keele we've been trying to think up new ways to get round these limitations and inefficiencies. One way is to introduce a docking site into the mosquito chromosome. This is simply a target into which we can integrate any new gene of our choice and we know that if the genes go into this target site they are going to be reliably expressed and we also know that they are not going to have a negative impact on any of the normal genes within the mosquito."

The aim is to engineer a mosquito which is simply incapable of transmitting malaria.

Professor Paul Eggleston added: "What I would like to do with our new technology is to introduce a whole suite of transgenes, novel genes into the mosquito so we can have what I think of as a multi-hit approach. We want to be able to tackle the parasite at several different places within the insect all at the same time to make sure that no parasites survive and therefore we've effectively broken the transmission cycle."

The ultimate vision is to replace natural populations of malaria carrying mosquitoes in disease endemic areas, with a "genetically modified mosquito" incapable of carrying the malaria parasite, and freeing large sections of the world's population from the daily tragedy of young lives lost to this deadly disease.

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:53

Mesazh i vjetėr 31 Mars 2006 22:24
NS-6
Mnemonic

Adult stem cells can be used to make new tendon or ligament tissue

Cod. B05042006

Medical Research News
Published: Tuesday, 4-Apr-2006

Weekend athletes who overexert themselves running or playing basketball may one day reap the benefits of research at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem that shows that adult stem cells can be used to make new tendon or ligament tissue.
Tendon and ligament injuries present a major clinical challenge to orthopedic medicine. In the United States, at least 200,000 patients undergo tendon or ligament repair each year. Moreover, the intervertebral disc, which is composed in part of tendon-like tissue, tends to degenerate with age, leading to the very common phenomenon of low-back pain affecting a major part of the population.

Until the present time, therapeutic options used to repair torn ligaments and tendons have consisted of tissue grafting and synthetic prostheses, but as yet, none of these alternatives has provided a successful long-term solution.

A novel approach for tendon regeneration is reported in the April issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation. Researchers Prof. Dan Gazit and colleagues at the Skeletal Biotechnology Laboratory at the Hebrew University Faculty of Dental Medicine engineered mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), which reside in the bone marrow and fat tissues, to express a protein called Smad8 and another called BMP2.

When the researchers implanted these cells into torn Achilles tendons of rats they found that the cells not only survived the implantation process, but also were recruited to the site of the injury and were able to repair the tendon. The cells changed their appearance to look more like tendon cells (tenocytes), and significantly increased production of collagen, a protein critical for creating strong yet flexible tendons and ligaments.

Tendon tissue repair was detected using a special type of imaging known as proton DQF MRI, developed by Prof. Gil Navon at Tel Aviv University, which recognizes differences among collagen-containing tissue such as tendon, bone, skin, and muscle. The authors note that BMP and Smad proteins are involved in other tissues such as nerve and liver, suggesting that this type of delivery technology may be helpful for other degenerative diseases.

In an accompanying commentary in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, Dwight A. Towler and Richard Gelberman from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, state, "Given our limited understanding of how MSCs become tenocytes, the recent progress demonstrated in these studies is quite remarkable and may be potentially useful in cell-based therapeutic approaches to musculoskeletal injuries."

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:54

Mesazh i vjetėr 05 Prill 2006 00:31
NS-6
Mnemonic

Type 2 diabetics' urine acidity increases risk for kidney stones

Cod. A08042006

Medical Studies/Trials
Published: Friday, 7-Apr-2006

People with type 2 diabetes have highly acidic urine, a metabolic feature that explains their greater risk for developing uric-acid kidney stones, researchers at UT Southwestern Medical Center have found.
The study - the first to compare the urinary biochemical characteristics of type 2 diabetics with those of normal volunteers - is available online and will be published in the May issue of the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.

Individuals with type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus) are at increased risk for developing kidney stones in general, and have a particular risk for uric-acid stones. The mechanisms for this greater risk were previously not entirely understood. This new study demonstrates that the propensity for type 2 diabetics to develop uric-acid stones is elevated because their urine is highly acidic.

"Our next step is to find out what causes type 2 diabetics to have an abnormally acidic urine, and what other urinary factors protect some diabetics who do not form uric-acid stones," said Dr. Mary Ann Cameron, the paper's lead author and a postdoctoral trainee in internal medicine.

Obesity and a diet rich in animal protein are associated with abnormally acidic urine. In earlier studies, UT Southwestern researchers also concluded that uric-acid stones are associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

But when researchers in this latest study accounted for these components, type 2 diabetics continued to have more acidic urine levels when compared to nondiabetics. These findings suggest that other factors associated with type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance account for the overly acidic urine in this population.

"Diet intake and obesity, those two factors alone, don't explain the whole picture," said Dr. Naim Maalouf, an author and assistant professor of internal medicine. "So, other unrecognized factors may play a role."

Dr. Khashayar Sakhaee, senior author of the study and chief of mineral metabolism, said: "Our group at UT Southwestern was the first to determine that the more overweight a person is the more likely he or she is to form uric-acid kidney stones."

More than 18 million people in the United States live with diabetes, a chronic disease that affects the body's ability to produce or respond to insulin and that can lead to life-threatening illness, including heart disease and stroke.

Kidney stones are solid deposits that form in the kidneys from substances excreted in urine. When waste materials in urine do not dissolve completely, microscopic particles begin to form and, over time, grow into stones. These solid deposits can remain in the kidney or they can break loose and travel down the urinary tract. Small stones can pass out of the body naturally, but larger stones can get stuck in a ureter, the bladder or the urethra, possibly blocking the flow of urine and often causing intense pain.

Uric acid stones are more difficult to diagnose than other types of stones because they don't show up on regular abdominal X-rays, often delaying the diagnosis and leading to the continued growth of the stone.

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:54

Mesazh i vjetėr 07 Prill 2006 23:56
NS-6
Mnemonic

Scientists find that growth hormone is produced in the brain

Cod. B12042006

Medical Research News
Published: Tuesday, 11-Apr-2006
1.Scientists have found that growth hormone, a substance that is used for body growth, is produced in the brain, according to an article published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
The researchers -- from three institutions -- found that growth hormone is produced within the hippocampus, a structure deep inside the brain that is involved in memory and emotion.

2.The scientists also found that more growth hormone is produced in females than in males, and more in adults. More growth hormone was also produced in response to estrogen. The study has implications for menopausal women using estrogen replacement therapy and for athletes taking growth hormone and anabolic steroids to increase muscle mass.

The scientists suspect that reasoning and mood may also be affected by these differences in the amount of growth hormone in the brain.

3."Growth hormone has been associated with growth of muscles and bones, and the production of it was believed to lie mainly in the pituitary gland," said co-author Ken S. Kosik, co-director of the Neuroscience Research Center at the University of California, Santa Barbara. "No one had thought too much about what growth hormone might be doing in the brain. Hormones in the brain may not be obvious compared to what they are doing in the rest of the body."

4.The authors previously found that hippocampal growth hormone increases with learning. The current study shows that the hormone is very different in males versus females.

"Males and females look different, we act different, so of course our brains are different," said Tracey J. Shors, co-author and a professor of psychology at the Center for Collaborative Neuroscience at Rutgers: the State University of New Jersey. "There are remarkable differences. People used to think of females as a male with hormones. That's just not the case."

5.The authors found that growth hormone in the brain is increased with stress, especially in males. The effect in females depended on how much estrogen they had at the time. "One interesting interpretation of these results is that exposure to a stressful event increases growth hormone expression in males -- but the increase in females may be dependent on their levels of estrogen at the time," said first author Christine P. Donahue. Donahue, formerly a postdoctoral fellow of Ken Kosik, is an instructor in the Department of Neurology at Harvard Medical School.

6.The authors suggest that because growth hormone in the body is associated with growth of the body, it may also cause growth in the brain. Females have more dendritic spines (parts of neurons) in the hippocampus than do males. This is especially true when estrogen levels are high and when growth hormone levels are high. They also produce more new neurons in the hippocampus during this time.

7."Sex differences in the brain is an area of research that has exploded in recent years," said Shors. "Sex hormones, like estrogen, have a tremendous effect on the growth and architecture of the brain. Several studies in our lab and in others have shown that males learn differently than females. It is possible that sex differences in these hormones are somehow involved."

Modifikuar nga NS-6 datė 11/04/2007 ora 00:56

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Prill 2006 00:52
Ora tani: 22:26 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 15 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Shkenca > Mjekėsia > medical sciences (shkencat mjeksore)

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar