Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
SmoKer
heavy ...

Regjistruar: 11/02/2005
Vendbanimi: Kabul- a great city , in which to live ,play and w
Mesazhe: 2511

A previous generation might have forged images of communist leaders, but three brothers in an Albanian village have carved six tonnes of red stone in a tribute to the speed and power of a Formula One racing car. Skip related content

What the three Gjini brothers -- hardworking and humble stone masons -- started as a gift to a cousin has already turned into a sensation in one of Europe's poorest countries where F1 races have many fans.

"I started working on it but I dared not tell anybody because I was not sure of the final result. I put the picture on a window, looked at it and covered it," said Alfred, 24, the youngest of the brothers.

"I did not really know what to do but I promised him something nice. I found the picture of a Ferrari on the Internet."

Alfred said he started thinking of carving an F1 car in stone when a cousin began looking for something extraordinary to exhibit in his car parts and fuel station.

During the last of three months of carving, chiselling and smoothing, Gjini said many locals came to watch him work. Many were doubtful his efforts would come to much. Amazed journalists first came upon it while travelling past the village of Tresh on the way to Shkoder in the north to cover a major flood.

The car body is of red marble, called Rosso Albania (Red Albania). The mirrors, exhaust and fuel pipe are of made of white stone while the tires are mud-green stone.

The wheel, also of stone, moves around. The car does not.

Christian Catholics from a family persecuted by the Communist regime, the Gjinis were mostly in the business of carving wells, tabernacles and altars for churches, including one depicting the Last Supper.

The attention of the rather less lofty Formula One car has helped drum up new business.

"The car has created a lot of trust in our clients. Before Christmas, we had orders for seven fireplaces," said Gjonarin Gjini, 27, Alfred's brother.

Before it toppled communism, statues of late dictator Enver Hoxha and Lenin and Stalin were everywhere. They were toppled or removed. The Gjini's work show the shift in focus in today's Albania.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/2010012...fe-de29600.html

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 25 Janar 2010 16:10
SmoKer nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė SmoKer Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me SmoKer (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: SmoKer Shto SmoKer nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto SmoKer nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
kurt

Regjistruar: 29/12/2007
Vendbanimi: ......
Mesazhe: 5021

i promise that i never watch this show. but this girl i know that i make fun of for watcjing this show, send me this video

from an american reality show "bad girls club"

le te krenohemi tani

Mesazh i vjetėr 27 Janar 2010 10:56
kurt nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė kurt Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me kurt (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: kurt Shto kurt nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto kurt nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Regjistruar: 11/06/2002
Vendbanimi: Europe
Mesazhe: 10706

English trip to Albania

BBC documentary. Following Lord Byron's foot gages on his travel across Albanian landscape.

P.s. Some comments on Youtube state this is not a BBC documentary, but produced on purpose by somebody else. No clue if this is true.

Mesazh i vjetėr 19 Mars 2010 16:49
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

E bit of history

This is a short amatorial video telling about traditions and history in south Albania. It is based on historical books which are cited.

One comment after reading these fatcs:
South Albania has been in the past, like today, the source for revolutions and opposition. It happened again in 1997, when the central state/ruler didn't represent their needs. Even today there are villages hard to control, like Lazarati, which literally doesn't give a fuck about the institutions. It is an area historically nourished by independence and opposing spirit.

Modifikuar nga Fajtori datė 19/03/2010 ora 17:24

Mesazh i vjetėr 19 Mars 2010 17:16
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
dylan
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 17/05/2009
Vendbanimi: vlore
Mesazhe: 5487

Smile

Ska dyshim jemi me te miret

Mesazh i vjetėr 19 Mars 2010 17:16
dylan nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė dylan Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me dylan (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: dylan Shto dylan nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto dylan nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Reuters reportage about albanian polluted beaches

Produced by: Reuters, 2010

Mesazh i vjetėr 14 Maj 2010 20:41
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Curious about Albanian Mafia?

Here it is. The following link explain some recent developments of the investigations about Albanian people involved in organized crime around the world.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...-new-york-city/

Does it have to do with Albania itself? Is it anyway connected to Albanian goverment? YES

The main name you find there, Almir Rrapo, after killing Erion Shehu in US, escaped in Albania, where he found a job as main assistant of the Albanian foreign minister. Everything went fine for him until one day he went to the American Embassy for a Visa application. There he was recognized and arrested. Soon his lawyers talked about illegitimate arrest (Albanian police have no jurisdiction inside the embassy, though they were asked by the embassy itself). Then his powerful lawyers asked the European court to stop his extradition. At the end, his arrest brought Albania in an unprecedented conflict with European Union, who opposed his extradition to the US for political reasons.

This is just a taste of how organized crime and Albanian Mafia have close collaborations with Albanian polititians and how can they bring the entire country to diplomatic conflicts with important partners.

This is Albania, my friends. It's a nice country waving between the desire to be in good partnership with foreign powers and the desire to become rich fast through corruption, murder, and international trafficking.

Modifikuar nga Fajtori datė 27/11/2010 ora 08:32

Mesazh i vjetėr 27 Nëntor 2010 08:08
kurt

Regjistruar: 29/12/2007
Vendbanimi: ......
Mesazhe: 5021

o cja fut kot nganjehere ti fajtor!!!
ky mesazhi jot ktu degjohet si nje propogande e dobet greke apo serbe.
te gjitha shtetet e botes e bejn kte!
serbia ka shume raste qe serbet kane vrare apo lene sakat diken ne amerike dap kanada dhe serbia nuk i kthen. hollanda te nejten gje beri me vrasesin e ksaj amerikanes ne aruba.
izraeli qe eshte shteti me mik i amerikes, ka shume te kerkuar ne usa qytera izrealit, qe shteti i tyre atje i mbron.
faktikisht shqiperia qe ta dish ti, me duket shteti me i drejte dhe naive ne balkan per kto gjera.
cdo shtet i mbron qytetaret e vet, kurse para pak kohesh lexova qe nje kosovar ishte arrsetuar ne kufi, se ishte i kerkuar ne gjermani per vjedhje.
kta i puthin bythen evropes dhe perseri behen the bad guys...

Mesazh i vjetėr 27 Nëntor 2010 09:08
kurt nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė kurt Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me kurt (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: kurt Shto kurt nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto kurt nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
RAIMONDI
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 27/06/2007
Vendbanimi: ...prapa diellit...
Mesazhe: 3492

--Bravo Ballerina !!! ---In what u are saying U are Absolutely Brilliant ,and it makes me proud

--- When I read u than I got it why Albanians have the Highest Intelectual IQ in Europe and in the World ,according to American Inteligence IQ Statistics

All what this Fajtori--a.k.a .- Incredible Ass , is saying is a poor and patetic propaganda of someone who has a hidden & ridiculous agenda ,of course we all know where his disgusting agenda come from and why he want to give Albania a black eye here in this sink
But. What is the Political reality in our region

Greece--- A memeber of EU --------, A country that 20 years ago was a safe heaven for arabian terorists
while today It's the only country of Europe which has ( 2 ) Home grown Terrorist Organanization : --MAVI- & --17 November -

17 November --according to Natthan Adams at Reader's Digest

...... June 28,1988 .

June 28, 1988,Navy Captain,William Nordeen , 51 Years old , US defense attache in Athens walks to his car ....while an explosion rocks his vehicle and hurls his decapitated body 20 Yards
Nardeen bocomes the third American Official assasinated in Athens
------------A greek terrorist movement called "Novemeber 17" claimed this massacre
Moreover , November 17 , is but on of at leats Half a dozen of Terrorist groups that have established bazes in Athens
------- Among them is the Notorius ABU NIDAL Organization,which in the past five years has murdered
-------- scores of innocent people -- including the travelleres killed in the machine guns and granade attacks at Rome and Viena Airports at christmas - time in 1985
------------- Terrorist operativs live openly in Athens, beneficiaries of travel papers , purchased for as little as Euro 10.
from corrupt Greek passaport officers

------While greek officals have turned a blind eye on Terrorists
Here it is :...... on May 30, 1988 police at Athens airport seized 35 years old palestinian Terrorist Mohamed Rashaid ,
---------who has been indicted by a US grand jury for placing a bomb on board of a PAN AM 747 jet in 1982, that killed teenage passangers, and wounded tens
Greek ourts left him free.....
-----------What is behind Greec's unwillingnes to take action against terrorists who thereten her NATO allies ??????......!!!!!!

The Influence of Greek Terrorist Thugs like Novemebr 17 and Abu Nidal's organization reaches into major government Ministries in Athens
----------And behind many of these foreign gangs stands Libya' Colonel Qaddafi, who finances and supports them
Again Novemeber 17 assasins killed in Athens , a US Navy Captain George Tsantes
There are a lot of greek officials linked with International terrorism , like for exapmple
Kostas Tsimas ex head of greek Information Service . He is trained in Palestinian Terrorist camps in Sirya and Lebanon
Vasilis Konstantineas ,
a senior foreign- ministry official who has had close relations with Abu Nidal , palestinian terrorist

----------We have even the cases of Mavi -greek terrorist organization, that entered in Albania in 1995 and killed albanian soldiers, or in 1997 , Greek churches' yards ,
close to greek-albanian borders, were filled with Tanks , ready for war against Albania ,given this fact from BBC

--So, Greece an EU & NATO member nourish terrorist organizations and its own terrorist activities
carried out by its Military Army,using all these for its Jingoistic Policies in our region against Albania and Macedonia
------------Not to mention the scandalous situation o Human rights in Greece ,towards Slavo-macedoniasn and Orthodox Albanians
-
-This is a Scandal--------A memeber of NATO and EU has surrendered its politics to the terrorist means -----

---------So. Greece is Playing footsie with Home grown Terrorist organizations , using them for its Jingoistic agenda in our region toward Albania and Macedonia

------And Albania absolutley should stand up against this kind od jingoist foreign policy of Greece and to join forces with Macedonia to discredit Greece in front of EU

--So, this is Greece -------- A country of Home grown terrorist organizations that are still activ and dangerous for our region

Albania is

-------Italy .....Has one of the most notorious organized crimes ever, Italian mafia,
Italy has a rampant crime ,and especially in its south is horrible ,where criminal organizations lay down the law.-------

----Monte Negro ----------the most ridiculous country ever , cuze their Prime Minister is accused of Europian Authorities like a member of the drug smugglers group --------An he did not opposed to this fact,

Serbia ------not nedd to mention Serbia ,cuze Serbia is still a fascist government cuze they killed 12,000 innocent albanians , men, women, children, senior citizens
--Serbia is like a Taleban Regime in EUROPE,its a waste of time taolking about it

--Macedonia does not respect the humn rights at all, and the corruption of their goverment and their society is much more higher than in Albania

--------- So, in front of it's neigbours Albania is much more responsible in its Politics ( foreign and domestic affairs), the level of corruption is lower compared to ex communsit countries,

--------and her society is much more educated than her Neighbours ,
according to American inteligence IQ statistics :

_Albania is in the 1st Place 114. 30

__Italy is in the 9th Place 109.48

__Greece is in the 35th Place 103.0

--the other neihgbours don't have IQ at all......

As we see Albania is a step ahead in morals, in politics and in implementing of democratic standarts on her society ,

Not to mention that Young generations of Albanians are all highly educated ( abroand and inside Albania ) ..........

.........SO, Albania has a BRIGHT FUTURE Ahead--

-------In her her Region Albania is like A Winter Flower , like a young bride in the middle of the old bitches, (old farts) lol ,

As A sonet of SHakespeare says :
---- Youth.....ALBANIA ...--Like Summer Morning
Age -her Neighbours- ...like Winter Weather

Youth __ is full of Sport
Age_ is old __her breath is short .....

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Mars 2011 07:43
RAIMONDI nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė RAIMONDI Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me RAIMONDI (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: RAIMONDI Shto RAIMONDI nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto RAIMONDI nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Mr.Smith
Heperhe Student

Regjistruar: 02/11/2006
Vendbanimi: Anej knej gjithanej! :)
Mesazhe: 13

Heyla!

I think that Albani have great things to explore especially if you have a pure wiew of thinking!

Mesazh i vjetėr 07 Prill 2011 15:56
Mr.Smith nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Mr.Smith Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Mr.Smith (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Mr.Smith't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Mr.Smith Shto Mr.Smith nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Mr.Smith nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Ora tani: 00:28 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar