Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
AndreaPirelli
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 06/03/2008
Vendbanimi:
Mesazhe: 5672

To bad me no speak english ...............

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 16:18
AndreaPirelli nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė AndreaPirelli Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me AndreaPirelli (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: AndreaPirelli Shto AndreaPirelli nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto AndreaPirelli nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Regjistruar: 11/06/2002
Vendbanimi: Europe
Mesazhe: 10706

Balerina,

Exactly, you see the typical person with the nostalgy of youth.

But who is today your grandpa drinking raki and eating meze? It's a young men sitting in a bar full of males and getting drunk daily.

By whom were persecuted those families if not by other Albanians?

What is that child learning by playing outside if the old playground you left is today full of cars?

Who can afford to go 15 days with the whole family for holidays? Not the people living with normal salaries of 300 euro per month.

What is the good side of ladies gossiping around in 21 century? Do you like to have your life controlled by gossip ladies?

So, Balerina, times have changed and so should we. Albania cannot be kept the same as during communist era. Albanians don't engage ALL in criminal activities, that is sure. I had to do with police investigations and the criminals were very very few. Typically a city is ruled by 2-3 groups of criminals, each with 10-15 individuals helping each other. You see always those 50 people coming out during investigations. But they exist because there is no social pressure to kill the criminal mentality. Even more, the criminal mentality is sustained and justified for whatever reasons. Take the example of corruption, nearly 90% of Albanians have commited one, witnessed or enhanced it. Should you call them (and possibly ourself) criminals?

It doesn't really matter. The point is that you cannot expect to get honest politicians in a country massively corrupt by dual standards of morality. And to my point of view, this is not resolvable by unique acts of politics, nor by laws and imprisonment. We need a social revolution far beyond single acts of change. We need to throw away the education we got from grandpas sitting in a corner and drinking raki, while your grandma works at home. This revolution cannot happen, because Albanians are terribly scared of being manipulated and extinct. And also because they are educated with religious morality of family obedience, which perpetuates the exact anti-institutional macho mentality of the past.

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 16:26
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Either check what has been posted before or don't post at all. If you don't have time to check, I have time to delete.

And if you post videos, please follow the topic, explaining something of Albania, in English or with English subtitles (where there are spoken comments).

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 16:56
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Can we get back on the track?

The above postings will be deleted later.

At least let's try communicate here as we should.

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 18:22
ingmetalboy
without a trace

Regjistruar: 06/12/2004
Vendbanimi: wherever I may room
Mesazhe: 1008

Re: Balerina,

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha Fajtori

It doesn't really matter. The point is that you cannot expect to get honest politicians in a country massively corrupt by dual standards of morality.

We need a social revolution far beyond single acts of change. We need to throw away the education we got from grandpas sitting in a corner and drinking raki, while your grandma works at home.

Well you cannot expect to get a honest politician period. It reminded me of a Southpark episode where the kids were trying to choose the new mascot of the school and the choices were a big douche or a turd sandwich. Anyway we all know that.

Now talking about social revolutions it's not easy. Specially in Albania. Remember who was the last one that tried that? Hmm... I wonder who that worked for us.

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 19:28
ingmetalboy nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė ingmetalboy Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me ingmetalboy (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: ingmetalboy Shto ingmetalboy nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto ingmetalboy nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Ehm, the video is in Albanian...
Pls post videos in English. This thread is meant to be read by non-albanians too.

Anyway, calling revolution the political propaganda of a party is like calling democratic the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (east Germany) during cold war. Or maybe like calling a democrat Sali Berisha, just because the party he "owns" is the Democratic Party.

A typical revolution starts from the people; they overthrow the moral values, set new ideas, and force the government to take in account the changes. Probably the guided "revolution" of the communists is an illusion. The real revolution was on the other side, in western countries, in the same year the upper video is filmed. Revolution is Rock'n Roll, sexual freedom, feminism, The Beatles; in a few words whatever is naturally born from the people and is not controlled by authorities for "appropriate content".

We have never had revolution because we never pushed for it. The only push we made was to overthrow communism. But as today the prime minister is a communist I doubt that was ever near to a real revolutional change.

Mesazh i vjetėr 21 Janar 2010 20:40
trojani
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 20/12/2003
Vendbanimi: danimarke
Mesazhe: 900

eyes in west hart in mideleast

I have seen a documentary of Michael Palin travel to Albania.
His conclusion about Albania was:
"A country with the eyes in West and the heart in Middle east"
or something very similar.
Expresed in one sentece, I think this is the best describtion about Albanians.
I will try to find the video, if it“s possible.

Mesazh i vjetėr 22 Janar 2010 12:41
trojani nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė trojani Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me trojani (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: trojani Shto trojani nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto trojani nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
trojani
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 20/12/2003
Vendbanimi: danimarke
Mesazhe: 900

'From donkeys to Mercedes in twenty years. With nothing in between!'

'From donkeys to Mercedes in twenty years. With nothing in between!'

Michael Palin

Mesazh i vjetėr 22 Janar 2010 12:48
trojani nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė trojani Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me trojani (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: trojani Shto trojani nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto trojani nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Google gives no results for that title. There is only a short part on youtube about his series about New Europe. There is also some downloads possible here
http://forum.divxplanet.com/lofiver...hp/t151215.html

Curious the comments on Youtube. The very first is offending him, same what happened to A. Gill when he wrote his thoughts about Albania:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5i6ogC4yE

Mesazh i vjetėr 22 Janar 2010 13:00
Tulipani
< ArtHolic >

Regjistruar: 11/01/2007
Vendbanimi: Secret Garden
Mesazhe: 4717

Bari - Durres by Ferry

I was looking for something else and then found this beautiful amatorial video about one of the many ferries travelling from Bari to Durres. I think most of the albanians have travelled at least once with them and everyone has a story to tell.
A piece of our latest history is about people like you see in this video.

For them that are willing to do this crazy trip at least one more time although it is annoying and full of complicated, unexpected things.

Mesazh i vjetėr 25 Janar 2010 13:21
Tulipani nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Tulipani Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Tulipani (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Tulipani Shto Tulipani nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Tulipani nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Ora tani: 23:34 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar