Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > Facts
Gjithsej 2 faqe: [1] 2 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
SmoKer
heavy ...

Regjistruar: 11/02/2005
Vendbanimi: Kabul- a great city , in which to live ,play and w
Mesazhe: 2511

Exclamation

Facts

I was surfing online and I ended reading this, maybe its because I like facts , so if you know any facts you are welcomed to share them here.

The North Face

In 1966, two hiking enthusiasts founded a small mountaineering retail store in the heart of San Francisco's North Beach. The company soon became known as The North Face, a retailer of high-performance climbing and backpacking equipment. (The name was selected because in the Northern Hemisphere, the north face of a mountain is generally the coldest, iciest and most formidable to climb.) In 1968, The North Face began designing and manufacturing its own brand of high-performance mountaineering apparel and equipment, and in the early 1980s, extreme skiwear was added to the product offering. By the end of the decade, The North Face became the only supplier in the United States to offer a comprehensive collection of high-performance outerwear, skiwear, sleeping bags, packs and tents.

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 04 Qershor 2011 11:36
SmoKer nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė SmoKer Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me SmoKer (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: SmoKer Shto SmoKer nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto SmoKer nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
SmoKer
heavy ...

Afghanistan

Climate: Arid to semiarid; cold winters and hot summers.
Terrain: Mostly rugged mountains; plains in north and southwest.
Environment: Earthquakes; soil degradation, desertification, overgrazing, deforestation, war pollution.
Natural Resources: Natural gas, crude oil, coal, copper, talc, barites, sulphur, lead, zinc, iron ore, salt, precious stones.
Boundary: China 76 km, Iran 936 km, Pakistan 2430 km, Tajikistan 1206 km, Turkmenistan 744 km, Uzbekistan 137 km

Major Languages: Pashtu 42%, Afghan Persian (Dari) 43%, Turkic languages 11%, Minor languages 4%.
Major Ethnic Divisions: Pashtun 52%, Tajik 25%, Uzbek 6%, Hazara 12%, Other 5%;
Minor Ethnic Division: Chahar Aimaqs, Turkmen, Baloch, and others.
Religious Affiliations: Sunni Muslim 84%, Shi'a Muslim 15%, other (Hindu, Jewish, Christians) 1%
Population: 26,813,057 (July 2001 est.)

Afghanistan's crossroads position in Central Asia has subjected it to constant invasion and conquest throughout its long recorded history. The parade of conquerors in historic times includes DARIUS I of Persia in the 6th century BC; ALEXANDER THE GREAT in 328 BC; the Sakas, Parthians, and the Buddhist Kushans in the 2nd and 1st centuries BC; and White Huns, in the 5th and 6th centuries AD. The Arabs introduced Islam in the 7th century, and the Turks under Mahmud of Ghazni briefly made Afghanistan the center of Islamic power and civilization at the beginning of the 11th century. The MONGOLS invaded Afghanistan early in the 13th century, and TIMUR added it to his empire at the end of the 14th century. In the early 16th century, Timor's descendant Babur, first of the MOGULS, founded an empire in India from his base at Kabul. In 1747 the Pashtun, having thrown off the Persian yoke, established a dynasty of their own under Ahmad Shah Durrani, the leader of a tribal confederation. Pashtun strength was consolidated by Dost Muhammad Khan (reign 1826-63) who founded a second dynasty early in the 19th century. Effective physical control over all of the country, however, was first achieved by Dost Muhammad's grandson, Abdur Rahman Khan (reign 1880-1901); Abdur Rahman's diplomacy also prevented either the British or the Russian empires from gaining internal control over Afghanistan. Frustrated by their failure to subdue the country in the Anglo-Afghan wars of 1839-42 and 1878-80, the British agreed to subsidize an Afghan ruler strong enough to serve as a buffer between the empires. Abdur Rahman Khan's grandson, Amanullah Shah (reign 1919-29), in 1921 ended British involvement in Afghan affairs. He also initiated a series of ambitious efforts at social and political modernization, but tribal opposition forced him to flee the country. Zahir Shah ruled Afghanistan from 1933 to 1973. In 1964 he sponsored a serious attempt at liberal, Islamic constitutionalism including free elections and partial parliamentary democracy. When the experiment foundered, the king's cousin Mohammad Daud Khan seized power in a nearly bloodless coup and ruled as a republican president from 1973 to 1978. Zahir Shah went into exile in Europe. Afghanistan was invaded by the Red Army in 1979 and the invasion ended in 1989 when the last troops withdrew from Afghanistan. Since then the country is stalled in a civil war which has cost more than half a million lives on top of the the million and a half people who died during the Russian invasion. Afghanistan has been one of the most independent countries in the World. Afghanistan has never been a colony. The British had control of the Afghan foreign affairs until August 19, 1919.

Afghanistan does not have any links to any ocean or sea, it is a landlocked country. The northern and eastern part of the country has high terrain and the lower south and southwest is mostly semi-deserts and plain lands

Just in case you're planing to visit it ... some facts that you need to know

Mesazh i vjetėr 08 Qershor 2011 10:38
SmoKer nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė SmoKer Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me SmoKer (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: SmoKer Shto SmoKer nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto SmoKer nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
dylan
Veteran ne forum

Regjistruar: 17/05/2009
Vendbanimi: vlore
Mesazhe: 5487

oh boy

Mesazh i vjetėr 08 Qershor 2011 12:27
dylan nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė dylan Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me dylan (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: dylan Shto dylan nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto dylan nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
SmoKer
heavy ...

I know right ...

Mesazh i vjetėr 13 Qershor 2011 11:05
SmoKer
heavy ...

Lightbulb

Tomato is world’s most popular fruit

The tomato is the world’s most popular fruit. And yes, just like the brinjal and the pumpkin, botanically speaking it is a fruit, not a vegetable. More than 60 million tons of tomatoes are produced per year, 16 million tons more than the second most popular fruit, the banana. Apples are the third most popular (36 million tons), then oranges (34 million tons) and watermelons (22 million tons).

Tomatoes were first cultivated in 700 AD by Aztecs and Incas. Explorers returning from Mexico introduced the tomato into Europe, where it was first mentioned in 1556. The French called it “the apple of love,” the Germans “the apple of paradise.”

Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A and C and fiber, and are cholesterol free. An average size tomato (148 gram, or 5 oz) boasts only 35 calories. Furthermore, new medical research suggests that the consumption of lycopene – the stuff that makes tomatoes red – may prevent cancer. Lycopene is part of the family of pigments called carotenoids, which are natural compounds that create the colors of fruits and vegetables. For example, beta carotene is the orange pigment in carrots. As with essential amino acids, they are not produced by the human body. Lycopene us the most powerful antioxidant in the carotenoid family and, with vitamins C and E, protect us from the free radicals that degrade many parts of the body.

The scientific term for the common tomato is lycopersicon lycopersicum, which mean “wolf peach.” It is a cousin of the eggplant, red pepper, ground cherry, potato, and the highly toxic belladonna, also known as the nightshade or solanaccae. There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.

Tomatoes are used in many food product, including, of course, tomato sauce (ketchup), pasta and pizza. According to a Steel Packing Council survey of 1997, 68% of chefs use canned tomatoes for convenience, quality and flavoring. It hasn’t changed much since.

A fruit is the edible part of the plant that contains the seeds, while a vegetable is the edible stems, leaves, and roots of the plant.

Cooked tomatoes have higher concentrations of lycopene than non-cooked tomatoes.

Don’t store ripe tomatoes in the fridge. Cold temperatures lessen the flavor in tomatoes.

http://didyouknow.org

Mesazh i vjetėr 13 Qershor 2011 12:43
SmoKer
heavy ...

Lightbulb

Mercedes cars are named after an Austrian girl

In 1897, Austrian businessman Emil Jellinek, traveled from his home in Nice, France to purchase a car from the Daimler factory in Cannstatt, Germany. On his return to the French Riviera, his sporting Daimler Phoenix caused such a sensation that he decided to enter it into a local touring competition, under the name of “Mercedes” after his favorite 9 year old daughter. Realizing the business potential for the new car, he not only placed an order for 36 more, but also secured the franchise for selling them in several countries. Gottlieb Daimler also agreed to having them sold under the name of “Mercedes.”

The Mercedes trade name was registered after Daimler’s death in 1900 and the 3-pointed star became the trade mark. Daimler had once drawn the emblem on a postcard to his wife, the star symbolizing the growth of the business into transport on land, sea and air.

For Karl Benz, a name for his automobile was simple: he enclosed his name in a cogwheel to exemplify the solidness of his engineering works at Mannheim. The cogwheel later became a laurel wreath.

After the First World War the Daimler and Benz companies worked closer together, generally advertising on the same posters. They amalgamated in 1926, combining the laurel wreath and 3-pointed star as their trade mark.

Interestingly, although Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz were two of the major pioneers in the automotive industry, they probably never met, even though they lived only 100km (60 miles) from each other in Germany. Daimler passed away in 1900. Daimler-Benz amalgamated in 1926.

Modifikuar nga SmoKer datė 13/06/2011 ora 12:57

Mesazh i vjetėr 13 Qershor 2011 12:49
SmoKer
heavy ...

Lightbulb

The origin of the dollar

A mining hole in the mountains of Bohemia produced so much silver it became the official source of coinage for the entire Holy Roman Empire. The mine was in a valley called Joachimsthal, and the coins came to have the same name: “Joachimstalers.” Over time this became shortened to “Talers” and over more time, the American pronunciation of the word became the name for the currency that you would like to have in your pocket.

The $ sign was designed in 1788 by Oliver Pollock, a New Orleans businessman, using a combination of Spanish money symbols.

The $ sign is used in many countries other than the United States, including the use for the Argentine peso, Brazilian real, Cape Verde escudo, Chilean peso, Colombian peso, Cuban peso, Dominican peso, Mexican peso, Tongan pa’anga and Uruguayan peso. Other countries that trade in their currency as dollars are Australia, Bahamas, Canada, Liberia and others

If you stack one million US$1 bills, it would be 110m (361 ft) high and weight exactly 1 ton. A million dollars’ worth of $100 bills weighs only 10 kg (22 lb). One million dollars’ worth of once-cent coins (100 million coins) weigh 246 tons.

Mesazh i vjetėr 13 Qershor 2011 12:54
SmoKer
heavy ...

Lightbulb

About Oakley

A proven leader in sports-inspired fashion, the Oakley Sunglasses, Oakley prescription Sunglasses, Oakley goggles, Oakley shoes, Oakley bags, Oakley apparel, and Oakley watches categories delivers all the style and durability that has become synonymous with the Oakley name. From unique Oakley shoe designs, signature Oakley sunglass styles, technical Oakley apparel, and innovative Oakley bags designs, these styles represent the height of performance style for men, women, and kids. With an unparalleled durability, these unique designs are in a league all their own.

Oakley continues to be the leader with Oakley Eyewear, Oakley bags, Oakley shoes, and Oakley clothes for men and women. Oakley is backed by world class athletes ranging from surf, skate, snow, wake, motocross and the list goes on, Oakley has established itself as a leader in sports. Offering signature sunglasses styles, from the original Oakley Frogskin® to the Oakley Gascan® technical Oakley shoes/footwear for the weekend traveler or outdoorsman, Oakley clothing for team riders such as Shaun White, or Oakley bags to keep your gear in check, Oakley seeks to keep your game tight and on point. Oakley has also collaborated with musicians and artists to feature Oakley limited edition styles.

Decades of Oakley innovation have led to a full array of market-leading products including Oakley performance apparel and Oakley accessories, Oakley prescription eyewear, Oakley footwear, Oakley watches and Oakley electronics for men and women. The company continues to build on its heritage of authenticity by reinventing products from scratch to achieve superior quality and genuine innovation that delivers the unexpected. Oakley has become more than a brand. Oakley is a lifestyle.

Mesazh i vjetėr 18 Qershor 2011 14:36
SmoKer
heavy ...

Levi's®

The story of the legendary Levi's® jean began on February 26th, 1829 with the birth of Levi Strauss. Creator of the classic 'blue jean', Levi has seared his way into the hearts and souls of people across the globe. Representing the spirit of bold independence, Levi's jeans have always been built for pioneers of the past, present and future, making them a household force to be reckoned with.

Originally an immigrant of Bavaria, Levi traveled westward in search of greater opportunities and fortune. An eager businessman of his time, he established a wholesale dry goods business simply dubbed 'Levi Strauss & Co.' It was through this outlet that he imported dry goods, including clothing, umbrellas and fabric. Business was blossoming with the rise of the gold rush, but it was in 1873 that Levi struck gold. Levi Strauss, along with co-creator Jacob Davis patented the process of adding rivets to pants for increased strength and durability. Their creation of the classic 'blue jean' can now be found in households and catwalks worldwide.

LS&Co exists today as one of the world's largest brand-name apparel marketers with sales in over 110 countries. The Levi's brand continues its legacy by consistently providing quality jeans and products, and by earning the trust of consumers, investors, employees and society as a whole through their responsible business practices. This principle of responsible commercial success is embedded in the company's 156-year history and continues to anchor the way LS&Co operates today.

Mesazh i vjetėr 14 Gusht 2011 14:01
SmoKer
heavy ...

FACT: It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile.
ANOTHER FACT: It takes just one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Mesazh i vjetėr 24 Gusht 2011 08:44
Ora tani: 15:07 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 2 faqe: [1] 2 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > Facts

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar