Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Arti & Kultura > Arti Figurativ > Pikture > Sixtine Chapel - MICHELANGELO - piktor
  Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
darke
Syri i Natės

Regjistruar: 24/08/2003
Vendbanimi: night
Mesazhe: 2545

Sixtine Chapel - MICHELANGELO - piktor

The Vatican is getting ready for a conclave--the secret meeting at which cardinals chose a pope. It will start next Monday, and take place mainly in the Sistine Chapel, perhaps the most famous spot in the history of western art.

Kristal opened a theme for Michelangelo in the section of Sculpture, but curiously she posted mostly pictures of the paintings of the artist; but she was right, Michelangelo was an sculptor even when he was painting, we can observe how their bodies are strong, robust, every single volumen was painted by Michelangelo there... We see how wide was the formation of the artists in this age, his knowledge of human anatomy is evident, although the figure of the complete artist was Leonardo, but this is another story...

Nowadays, five hundred years after Michelangelo Buonnarroti painted it on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, the "Creation of Adam" stands as one of the world's most famous artworks. But in 1508, when Pope Julius II offered Michelangelo the job, the artist tried to pass.

Michelangelo repeatedly explained to the pope that he considered himself a sculptor, not a painter. He was already renowned for two masterpieces: the sculpture of Mary cradling Jesus's body--the "Pieta"--housed in St. Peter's Basilica, and the statue of David in his hometown of Florence. But Julius knew that Michelangelo was no slouch with a paint brush. So when the artist tried to decline the commission, the pope made it an order.

Once he was committed to the project, Michelangelo didn't cut corners. Julius said he wanted to see portraits of the 12 apostles, but Michelangelo took it upon himself to cover the entire ceiling with more than 300 figures.

The pope who ordered the chapel's construction, Sixtus IV (whose name gives us "Sixtine"), hired the leading artists of the 1480s to fill them with scenes from the lives of Moses and Jesus. The ceiling, at that time, was unobtrusive---> just a deep blue backdrop with some gold stars.

Michelangelo decided that his "higher" contribution would show the earliest scenes from the Bible, as well as other famous figures. Down the center of the ceiling, he fleshed out stories from the Book of Genesis--- >the creation of Adam, the snake tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden, Noah's ark...

But these were just part of Michelangelo's vision. He filled the rest of the ceiling with portraits of prophets like Ezekiel and Isaiah. He added symbols of ancient times, like the Oracle at Delphi, to illustrate his belief that even the pagans of the past were waiting for the messiah. Then there are the naked guys, called "Ignudi," tucked into the corners of the Bible scenes. They've been interpreted a variety of ways.

Michelangelo rounded out the composition with smaller figures depicting 40 generations of Jesus's ancestors. In the end, just about the only people who weren't included were---> you guessed it the 12 apostles! ole ole ole Michelangelo. Good thing Michelangelo got Julius II to let him paint whatever he wanted.

But the work supposed for Michelangelo more an agony than ecstasy. Michelangelo spent nearly four years working on a special six-story scaffold, craning his neck and stretching his arms out to paint the scenes in wet plaster. The fresco medium is much less forgiving than, say, oil painting. If you make a mistake in the wet plaster, you have to scrape it all off and start over.

When it was done, Michelangelo had composed an artwork covering 5,400 square feet--and had painted every human figure with his own brush. (Italian masters often employed assistants, but Michelangelo wasn't very good at subcontracting.) In 1512, Pope Julius II held a special All Saints' Day Mass under the completed ceiling, and the finished work aroused a sensation.

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 14 Prill 2005 13:36
darke nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė darke Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me darke (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: darke Shto darke nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto darke nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
darke
Syri i Natės

Regjistruar: 24/08/2003
Vendbanimi: night
Mesazhe: 2545

Bashkangjitje: Kliko pėr tė hapur kėtė file nė njė dritare tė re sixtine copia.jpg
Ky file ėshtė shkarkuar 171 herė.

Sixtine Chapel

Mesazh i vjetėr 14 Prill 2005 13:47
darke nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė darke Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me darke (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: darke Shto darke nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto darke nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Balerina
Rose of Silence

Regjistruar: 31/08/2006
Vendbanimi: usa
Mesazhe: 1525

darke...ajo e ka emrin "Sistine" e di une dhe jo "Sixtine".

Mesazh i vjetėr 07 Shtator 2007 10:59
Balerina nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Balerina Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Balerina (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Balerina Shto Balerina nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Balerina nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Ora tani: 01:57 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
  Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Arti & Kultura > Arti Figurativ > Pikture > Sixtine Chapel - MICHELANGELO - piktor

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar