Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Regjistruar: 11/06/2002
Vendbanimi: Europe
Mesazhe: 10706

Ok before we proceed with films, a small reply on the discussion.

Piktor says we didn't inherit anything from the past, so we don't have anything now.

What are we supposed to inherit from the past?

We have a language of our own. It is one of the most original in Europe, demonstrating that we didn't descend recently from some neighbor country.

We have a state of our own. We have a name and a flag since 1912. We have not been invaded since world war II.

What are we supposed to have more than freedom to create a state? Still we are only 3 milion with the tendency to leave albania more and more and more and more. People leaving Albania is not just without resources. There is plenty of rich people that still say that leaving Albania is a good option. On the contrary, Izrael is a new country, born from a war and living in terror. Still hebrew are going there instead of leaving the country. don't you think there is a reason for this?

The big question remains: has Albanian culture failed?

Take a moment to think about your own life. Most of us don't even think to return in Albania. Furthermore, emigrants are happy if another state is giving them nationality. Two weeks ago greek parliament was about to pass a low on giving greek nationality to albanian children. If you could hear the interviews, albanian emigrants were happy and would love to have also themselves greek nationality (not only the children). Does all of this make sense? Is there a reason to be proud of a country which didn't care about you in the past, doesn't care now, and is failing repeatedly to create a modern state?

P.s. One hidden mark: Albania is kept in chaos on purpose from the actual oligarchy. Next time I tell you why.

Modifikuar nga Fajtori datė 12/01/2010 ora 22:10

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 21:58
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

City of Kruja - Highlights

P.s. This is the first video when you search "albania" on youtube. Biggest pride? The past.
Type of presentation? Some footage with a song on it.

Stroll through Kruja, the main tourist side 47km north of Tirana. Tour the 5th century citadel, the Gjergj Kastrioti Museum which was built to honour Albania's national hero Skanderbeg who fought the Ottomans from this mountain fortress.
Just outside the citadel is the old bazaar selling lots of Albanian souvenirs such as flags, T-shirts, folk costumes and the traditional felt hats.

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:04
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
An_Al
Anetar i regjistruar

Regjistruar: 26/11/2009
Vendbanimi: Usa
Mesazhe: 93

Thumbs up

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha ingmetalboy
Im with you Fajtor. I completely understand and agree with most of your observations, but only acting as the prophet of the dooms day doesnt help much. You cant say that our culture has "failed". That is just giving up. We can't give up on who we are, but what we can do is use the best of what we got and turn things around. I believe that we can all agree that our strongest characteristic is pride. That can be our salvation or our death (as we all know). Call me a dreamer or whatever you want but I believe that we can use that to do better. But first we need to want to be better. Thats what is missing or lost or stolen.

Very well said.

I have always asked my self:-Is there going to be one day, that Albania is going to move forward and change?
and the answer might be that, if we all contribute and participate in doing something right IT WILL, ONE DAY.
John Kennedy said: Don't ask what your country can do for you;ask what you can do for your country.

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:17
An_Al nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė An_Al Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me An_Al (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: An_Al Shto An_Al nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto An_Al nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

And what is everybody of you doing for your country?

P.s. Kennedy said that the day he became president. Nano relaunched the same phrase as a prime minister. And? What does all that have to do with emigrants living abroad? Is that an invitation to work harder abroad?

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:28
ingmetalboy
without a trace

Regjistruar: 06/12/2004
Vendbanimi: wherever I may room
Mesazhe: 1008

So it's not our culture that has failed us, it's our generous oligarchy. I tried to search for "albania" on youtube and I found this which has a more optimistic approach on the talk about 'discovering Albania".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYTtny0OP2k

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:28
ingmetalboy nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė ingmetalboy Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me ingmetalboy (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: ingmetalboy Shto ingmetalboy nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto ingmetalboy nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Kjo eshte video qe thote ingmetal, pak me e zgjeruar me duket

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:37
An_Al
Anetar i regjistruar

Regjistruar: 26/11/2009
Vendbanimi: Usa
Mesazhe: 93

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha Fajtori
And what is everybody of you doing for your country?

P.s. Kennedy said that the day he became president. Nano relaunched the same phrase as a prime minister. And? What does all that have to do with emigrants living abroad? Is that an invitation to work harder abroad?

Please, don't get me wrong.
Im not pointing fingers to nobody. I , as many many others left my country to live someplace else for a lot of reasons that i'm not going to mention,because you already know.
What i'm trying to say is that, no matter how bad and how hard it is for us to see just a little bit light in the dark future of Albania, we should not lose faith and give up.
We all work hard abroad, Grecce. Italy ,Usa, you name it... and from experience i can assure you that albanians are my best employes.
If we all , one day, invest our savings in OUR country we can help and make a diffrence there.

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 22:56
An_Al nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė An_Al Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me An_Al (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: An_Al Shto An_Al nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto An_Al nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Fajtori
Apo jo?

the above doc.

It is not a documentary, it is a piloted film that purposely hides all the other truths of Albania. Probably has been created by some government agencies only for promotion abroad. That is far from being a real journalist documentary.

Some obscured points.

1. Building industry is shown as growing at 10%. Instead building industry is in a deep crisis since many months. Moreover the beautiful building they show in the film is constructed by Tan Dulaku, accused by the prime minister publicly (not legally) to be part of the mafia.

2. Oil industry is also in deep crisis. Sometime ago a news was spread that the state oil company is shutting down extraction sites due to poor working conditions. Also, the state company was sold to Rezart Taçi, a businessman near to the prime minister.

No mention is made to Gerdec, to albanian mafia, etc. It's just propaganda to hide the dirty side of Albania.

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 23:01
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Same aspects seen from real journalists

This film is edited by some albanian political fan. It is biased to blame Edi Rama, but listen what the journalist say about the same building industry in Albania...

Mesazh i vjetėr 12 Janar 2010 23:03
Balerina
Rose of Silence

Regjistruar: 31/08/2006
Vendbanimi: usa
Mesazhe: 1525

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha Fajtori
Ok guys.

Definitely you are right, Albania is not only bad things. Nice things should be shown too.

Fajtor,
I know that there are nice things, but that's not what I meant by criticizing the non-constructive criticism of foreign journalists who use social anomalies to "sell" their stories.
Last semester, for one of my classes I had to read a book on US intervention around the world that was full of controversy and one of the worst chapters was the one about Albania. One direct quote of who was later found to be a Soviet spy, Englishman Kim Philby that worked with Albanians to spark a rebellion against the Hoxha regime, said "Even in our more serious moments, we Anglo-Saxons never forgot that our agents[the Albanians] were just down from the trees." REALLY? 20th century fajtor. Opulence does not dictate cleverness, smarts but that is what they thought because good-for-nothing journalists prey on phenomenons like the sworn virgins (about which I found out watching National Geographic) and outsiders get a false sense of what an average, everyday Albanian problem is.
This is not an excuse, something clearly has to be done as far as "gjakmarrja" and "sworn virgins" (which there aren't any new ones) but let's talk about the real face of Albania now.

You know what I feel the real problems in Albania are? The same old, same old.
The fact that you gotta wake up early to shower because there isn't enough water. May 2009, I get a text from my best friend who was in Albania for a few days, at 11:00pm, which would be 5:00am back home saying "te dhjefsha qeverine" (and she rarely cusses!).

The fact that everyone feels that is above the law by driving around with no licenses or expired ones, because they will not be harshly penalized; all they need to do is treat the policeman right. And we've all done something unlawful as Albanians...from smuggling 5 liters of raki, packs of Malboro reds, and olive oil in international airports to [u]some/u] of us carrying illegal arms.

The fact that there is the illusion that there is a choice between all those political parties but in fact NO choice for the people. (fear not though, we are NOT alone...USA is a great example).

The fact that you can pay in universities to either get a diploma or to get someone fail a class. Crazy, huh?

The fact that everyone seems to forget about orphanages.

These, to me, are problems that affect more than the 0.01% of the population that might be a sworn virgin or the 0.05% that owes "gjak." I'm not belittling the first problems, I'm just saying they do not represent typical Albania.

Mesazh i vjetėr 13 Janar 2010 00:42
Balerina nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Balerina Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Balerina (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Balerina Shto Balerina nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Balerina nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Ora tani: 16:04 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 10 faqe: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > I tell you about Albania

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar