Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > Facts
Gjithsej 2 faqe: « 1 [2]   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr
Autori
Titulli Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Fajtori
Apo jo?

Regjistruar: 11/06/2002
Vendbanimi: Europe
Mesazhe: 10706

Re: Levi's®

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha SmoKer
The story of the legendary Levi's® jean began on February 26th, 1829 with the birth of Levi Strauss. Creator of the classic 'blue jean', Levi has seared his way into the hearts and souls of people across the globe. Representing the spirit of bold independence, Levi's jeans have always been built for pioneers of the past, present and future, making them a household force to be reckoned with.

Originally an immigrant of Bavaria, Levi traveled westward in search of greater opportunities and fortune. An eager businessman of his time, he established a wholesale dry goods business simply dubbed 'Levi Strauss & Co.' It was through this outlet that he imported dry goods, including clothing, umbrellas and fabric. Business was blossoming with the rise of the gold rush, but it was in 1873 that Levi struck gold. Levi Strauss, along with co-creator Jacob Davis patented the process of adding rivets to pants for increased strength and durability. Their creation of the classic 'blue jean' can now be found in households and catwalks worldwide.

LS&Co exists today as one of the world's largest brand-name apparel marketers with sales in over 110 countries. The Levi's brand continues its legacy by consistently providing quality jeans and products, and by earning the trust of consumers, investors, employees and society as a whole through their responsible business practices. This principle of responsible commercial success is embedded in the company's 156-year history and continues to anchor the way LS&Co operates today.

I was reading Wikipedia for jeans, because I remembered they come from Genoa (Italy). Apparently this is true, but I also discovered that Levi Strauss is not an inventor. He was an investor. Read this:

Dry goods merchant Levi Strauss was selling blue jeans under the "Levi's" brand to the mining communities of California in the 1850s. One of Strauss' customers was Jacob Davis, a tailor who frequently purchased bolts of cloth from the Levi Strauss & Co. wholesale house. After one of Davis' customers kept buying cloth to reinforce torn pants, he had an idea to use copper rivets to reinforce the points of strain, such as on the pocket corners and at the top of the button fly. Davis did not have the required money to purchase a patent, so he wrote to Strauss suggesting that they both go into business together. After Strauss accepted Davis's offer, the two men received U.S. Patent 139,121, for an "Improvement in Fastening Pocket-Openings," on May 20, 1873.

A man once said: misinformation is more dangerous than ignorance Today everybody thinks Levi was the inventor.

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 24 Gusht 2011 19:44
Fajtori nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė Fajtori Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me Fajtori (me Mesazh Privat) Vizito faqen personale tė Fajtori't! Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: Fajtori Shto Fajtori nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto Fajtori nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
SmoKer
heavy ...

Regjistruar: 11/02/2005
Vendbanimi: Kabul- a great city , in which to live ,play and w
Mesazhe: 2511

Re: Re: Levi's®

Citim:
Po citoj ato që tha Fajtori

I was reading Wikipedia for jeans, because I remembered they come from Genoa (Italy). Apparently this is true, but I also discovered that Levi Strauss is not an inventor. He was an investor. Read this:

Dry goods merchant Levi Strauss was selling blue jeans under the "Levi's" brand to the mining communities of California in the 1850s. One of Strauss' customers was Jacob Davis, a tailor who frequently purchased bolts of cloth from the Levi Strauss & Co. wholesale house. After one of Davis' customers kept buying cloth to reinforce torn pants, he had an idea to use copper rivets to reinforce the points of strain, such as on the pocket corners and at the top of the button fly. Davis did not have the required money to purchase a patent, so he wrote to Strauss suggesting that they both go into business together. After Strauss accepted Davis's offer, the two men received U.S. Patent 139,121, for an "Improvement in Fastening Pocket-Openings," on May 20, 1873.

A man once said: misinformation is more dangerous than ignorance Today everybody thinks Levi was the inventor.

I don't think it was mentioned as an inventor on this but as a creator of his own brand Levi's® "classic blue jeans" you are right that jeans originally came from Italy, Genoa ....

It almost fooled us all huh ..

Denonco kėtė mesazh tek moderatorėt | IP: e regjistruar

Mesazh i vjetėr 25 Gusht 2011 14:31
SmoKer nuk po viziton aktualisht forumin Kliko kėtu pėr Profilin Personal tė SmoKer Kliko kėtu pėr tė kontaktuar me SmoKer (me Mesazh Privat) Kėrko mesazhe tė tjera nga: SmoKer Shto SmoKer nė listėn e injorimit Printo vetėm kėtė mesazh Shto SmoKer nė listėn e monitorimit Ndrysho/Fshij Mesazhin Pėrgjigju Duke e Cituar
Ora tani: 08:39 Hap njė temė tė re    Pėrgjigju brenda kėsaj teme
Gjithsej 2 faqe: « 1 [2]   Tema e mėparshme   Tema Tjetėr

Forumi Horizont Forumi Horizont > Tema Shoqėrore > Gjuhėt e Huaja > Gjuha Angleze > Facts

Pėrgatit Kėtė Faqe Pėr Printim | Dėrgoje Me Email | Abonohu Nė Kėtė Temė

Vlerėso kėtė temė:

Mundėsitė e Nėn-Forumit:
Nuk mund tė hapni tema
Nuk mund ti pėrgjigjeni temave
Nuk mund tė bashkangjisni file
Nuk mund tė modifikoni mesazhin tuaj
Kodet HTML lejohen
Kodet speciale lejohen
Ikonat lejohen
Kodet [IMG] lejohen

Kliko pėr tu larguar nese je identifikuar